Facility management consulting
Wherever real estate is involved, there is a need for facility management. This can be on a strategic, regulatory or operational level. Both from the perspective of service contracting, service performance or interface definition. Facility management can join the project at any time, even if only during the management phase. For real added value, however, it is advisable to have continuous supervision throughout the entire life cycle. Right from the beginning of the planning phase to the management phase.
Facility management begins during the planning and construction phase of new properties:
- Implementation of the pbFM services according to SIA standard 113
- Management concept and planning
- Representation of the owners and the operation in the planning and examination of plans
- Life cycle cost consideration
During the management phase, various FM services may be required:
- Preparation of operational and management concepts
- Preparation of detailed concepts in commercial, infrastructural and technical FM
- Process and service definitions; definition and planning of management services
- Maintenance planning
- Service descriptions, SLAs, submissions/tenders, recommendations for awarding of contracts, contract drafting, training and introduction
- Emergency concepts/manuals
We provide competent support from a facility management perspective when planning with BIM. This opens up the possibility of being able to obtain any data necessary for management in a complete and structured way at the time of transfer. Irrespective of this, a CAFM system that is suitable for the organisation and its properties will ease the burden of management:
- Definition of standards, attributes and key figures
- BIM specifications and requirements from an FM perspective
- Creation of system concepts, requirements for IT
- Evaluation and implementation of CAFM tools
Quality assurance is a high priority throughout all SIA phases:
- Implementation of FM expertise
- Quality assurance in FM projects
- Evaluation of management services
- Gathering and evaluation of key figures
Taking the future operation into account during the planning phase will ensure an optimal start to the management phase. The required data is available in the desired structure, the necessary support processes are defined, and the corresponding services are provided or purchased. With a suitable CAFM, the data can also be maintained and used in the management phase.
You know the factors that play an important role in the life cycle of your real estate. You are able to control these in the interest of greater energy efficiency and environmental sustainability. With an understanding of the success factors, you can make your actions measurable. As owner and investor, you thereby secure excellent performance and retain or enhance the value of your real estate.
Would you like to manage the life cycle of your real estate? Then you will have to understand the relationships (cause and effect) that exist among the stakeholders who play a role in the life cycle of the property in question. This is the only way to be in a position to control the essential processes. With our support, you develop strategies for your real-estate portfolio and your facilities or have your real-estate properties certified according to relevant standards and certifying agencies. The basis is formed by a comprehensive information and data management system that applies from the conception of your real-estate project to the redevelopment or removal of your real-estate.
The aim of real estate management is to optimally support your enterprise and its employees. The services provided in the context of management must therefore be adapted to the needs of the customers.
Working together with you, we draft a management concept that includes a clear definition of the service spectrum, the responsibilities and the management processes. The management concept supports and guides you in the context of managing your real estate and enables both process and cost optimisation.
- Definition and planning of management services
- Optimal operational organisation, process definition
- Definition and assignment of roles
- Operational cost estimation
- Data and document Management
- Establishment of the management Organisation
- Tendering and awarding of management service provision contracts
- Quality assurance
- Drafting of detailed concepts for: security, emergency response, cleaning, etc.
Technical due diligence
Thanks to our many years of experience and our extensive know-how, you receive reliable information within the framework of technical and/or environmental due diligence. This specific information makes it easier to evaluate your real estate, especially in light of the fact that real estate tends to be heterogeneous and transactions are often a matter of individual cases.
We take account of all of the relevant risks and opportunities. We are thereby able to keep you informed of all cost-relevant factors (especially with respect to purchase and sale) and irreversible risks. You are provided a basis for making decisions and establishing long-term security.
We draft technical due diligence reports in the context of appraisal for:
- Transactions (purchase/sale)
- Financing (mortgage)
- Financial reporting (accounting, financial reporting standards, etc.)
- Taxation (tax value, imputed rental value, etc.)
- Performance measurement
- Management information
Current state analysis
It is crucial for owners and investors to know when and in which areas (building envelope, building system engineering) of a property investments are to be made for maintenance and renewal. In addition to the amount and the time at which future maintenance investments are to be made, it is also essential to carry out a current state analysis to identify any defects and risks. The analysis includes an assessment of the condition of the property in relation to the latest technical standards, possible improvements and any changes in the statutory requirements that are to be met by the building systems engineering and the building envelope.
The current state analysis gives the owner a basis for carrying out appropriate medium to long-term investment planning, making strategic decisions and identifying management risks at an early stage and initiating measures to minimise the risks.
In-process facility management planning
Our expertise in the area of in-process facility management planning allows us to make sure that your building projects are well-calibrated in terms of the ultimate use and operation of the buildings in question. This includes securing a seamless transition after the construction phase and optimised life-cycle cost structures.
Thanks to our know-how in planning and management we are able to support and advise you from the very beginning in the context of your real-estate project, taking account of your role as developer, owner and user in all relevant matters of operation and usage, so that your real estate is both sustainable and an economic success.
- Specifications to be met by the planner to secure cost-effective management
- BIM specifications to secure effective information management for the entire life cycle
- Planning, tendering and management implementation
- Management concepts
- Cleaning, monitoring and waste disposal concepts
- Data and numbering concepts
- Comparison of life-cycle and usage cost estimates
- Inspection of planning results
- Construction management and integrated testing
Working together with you, we target our services to the relevant building phases and offer modules that are adapted to your exact needs.
In order to secure the long-term value and function of a property and its various systems, it is essential to continuously monitor the quality of the services provided. With a quality assurance system that is oriented to facility management, the establishment of quality measurement criteria and the carrying out of quality audits, we secure the quality of your FM services.
- Establishment of quality assurance Systems
- Execution of FM reviews and quality audits
- FM project management
- Evaluation and periodic review of internal and external management services and service level agreements
- Gathering and evaluation of key data
- Reporting and controlling of management costs