Project-specific quality management (PQM)
We help our clients to develop and implement PQM programmes, or operate the programmes on their behalf, so as to meet all project requirements as far as possible. This includes the phase-appropriate analysis of risks and the establishment of key quality factors so that the necessary measures can be formulated in a future-proof manner. Our PQM can be easily examined by the client’s QM system. This helps to ensure transparency over the entire course of the project.
Various PQM tools are used to ensure the fulfilment of all requirements. The most important of these tools include:
- Control plan
- Inspection plan
- Review plan
- Audit plan
- Interface matrix
- Test protocols
- Test programmes as a basis for integrated tests
Good buildings require good builders – the prerequisite for this is comprehensive and precise project management. This helps public, institutional and private builders or investors to successfully manage their project. In particular, clearly structured but simple organisational models are used to manage construction projects in a targeted manner and to contribute technical and construction know-how in all three areas of sustainability: economy, society and environment.
Experienced teams lead the projects to success with great communication and technical understanding.
- Definition of tasks and duties of a competent customer with regard to quality, schedules and costs
- Process development, organisation, moderation and process management
- Project controlling in the area of costs, schedules and quality including project change and follow-up management
- Preparation of feasibility studies, specifications and project manuals
- Development and implementation of a project-specific quality management (PQM)
Overall project management/coordination
We keep the big picture in mind and find the technically and economically most sustainable solutions.
- Stakeholder management
- Coordination of the internal and external project members
- Ensure coordination and communication between the project participants
- Interface management: definition and coordination of the interfaces within complex projects as well as projects to be affected
- Project administration and meeting organisation
- Planning of the planning process
Builder and user representation
As competent support on the customer side, we develop holistic solution concepts, taking into account the constructional and operational requirements.
- Support in the formulation of builder and user needs
- Definition of objectives and framework conditions
- Representation of the builder in line function
- Procurement and contract management
We network our experience and knowledge from project management with expert knowledge from planning, construction and operation. The product is buildings that guarantee maximum benefit to the investor, the owner, the builder, the user, the operator or the public.
Cities and municipalities
We are a trustworthy partner in matters of energy policy. When facing technical energy challenges, our competent specialists work together with you to develop optimal solutions that meet the relevant sustainability criteria.
From the municipal 2000-watt concept to the energy development plan and the organisation of energy associations and district networks, we offer a comprehensive range of services for municipalities as they draft their master energy plans for the community.
Buildings and sites
We offer comprehensive energy consulting services based on the latest standards, including building analyses, operation optimisation planning and the management of processes relating to statutory audits and sustainability certification programmes.
The Swiss Federal Council's adoption of the Energy Strategy 2050 and the deregulation of the electricity market have introduced significant energy market restructuring. New roles, new business models and new services are in demand. We support your efforts to respond effectively to the changes.
We advise you when it comes to new business models, smart grids, feed-in remuneration arrangements, incentives regulation, efficiency strategies and energy storage solutions.
Feasibility and financing
We help you to plan and finance your energy projects. We work together with you to find an optimal solution, whether via contracting, equity capital, grants and subsidies or cooperative models.
Object and portfolio analyses
We create comprehensive synergies between the real estate industry and the construction industry. A well-functioning inventory of buildings is an essential success factor for sustainable business models, both for private, institutional and public sector developers.
Top-down real estate portfolio evaluation
Careful analyses of real estate portfolios offer stakeholders an initial view of the existing property values and the potential for greater use. The results provide a basis for drafting strategic and operational real estate plans while at the same time revealing interfaces and dependencies to financial planning.
The two key indicators for energy consumption (kWh/m2a) and greenhouse gas emissions (CO2 kg/m2a) alone can also be used to conveniently evaluate large real estate portfolios in terms of their energy efficiency and climate protection performance.
Bottom-up real estate portfolio evaluation
The object analysis (function, substance and sustainability) encompasses all of the factors that are essential for strategic and operational real estate planning. The result of the analysis is a strategic report with all of the relevant decision criteria.
Real estate development
Our experienced specialists develop instruments and tools that are specifically geared for use in the real estate sector, for instance, especially at the interface between real estate development and building design. The goal here is to optimise the management processes, to enhance the information content and to integrate the relevant aspects of sustainability.
Our range of services
- Guidelines and target definitions
- CO2 strategies for real estate portfolios
- Segmentation and rating of real estate portfolios (use potential)
- Sustainable real estate management
- Technical due diligence (function, substance and sustainability)
- Current state analyses and object strategies
- Variation studies, cost-benefit analyses, feasibility studies
Consulting technology in construction
Wherever real estate is located, facility management is required. This can be on a strategic, controlling or operational level from the perspective of service purchasing, service provision or interface definition. Facility management can become involved in the project at any time, even during the management phase. For real added value, however, we recommend continuous monitoring over the entire life cycle – right from the start of the planning phase through to management.
FM begins with facility management that accompanies the planning and construction of new properties during the planning and realisation phase:
• Implementation of pbFM services according to SIA 113
• Management concept and planning
• Representation of the owners and the operation in the planning and examination of the plans
• Life cycle cost analysis
Various FM services may be required during the management phase:
• Creation of operational and management concepts
• Creation of detailed concepts in KGM, IGM and TGM
• Process and service definitions; definition and planning of management services
• Maintenance planning
• Service descriptions, SLAs, submissions/tendering, award recommendation, contract design, training and introduction
• Emergency concepts/manuals
When planning with BIM, we provide competent support from a facility management perspective. This opens up the possibility of being able to take over data necessary for management in a complete and structured manner at the time of transfer. Irrespective of this, a CAFM system that is suitable for the organisation and its properties will ease the burden of management:
- Definition of standards, attributes and indicators
- Specifications and requirements BIM from the FM point of view
- Creation of system concepts, IT requirements
- Evaluation and implementation of CAFM tools
Throughout all SIA phases, quality assurance has a high priority:
- Implementation of FM expertises
- Quality assurance in FM projects
- Assessment of management services
- Determination and evaluation of key figures
Taking the future operation into account at the planning stage ensures an optimal start to the management phase. The required data are available in the desired structure, the necessary support processes are defined and the corresponding services are provided or purchased. With a suitable CAFM, the data can also be maintained and used in the management phase.
Sustainable real estate management
The additional consideration of relevant sustainability criteria in real estate management helps to lower your portfolio risk while ensuring constant or even higher returns.
Normative level: basic principles and objectives
Our approach is based on the normative principles that are applicable and/or are anticipated to become applicable in Switzerland and around the world, including the SIA, EU and ISO (International Organization for Standardization). Working on behalf of and in consultation with public and private-sector investors, we develop appropriate target definitions and standards for your enterprise or portfolio structure.
Strategic level: specifications and guidelines
Using precise quantitative and qualitative objectives as a basis, we work together with you to develop an appropriate strategy and also to formulate this strategy in a set of guidelines.
We use a tool that we developed precisely for this purpose to quickly and efficiently carry out the segmentation of all of the properties in your portfolio and to thereby create a basis for the quantification of the development potential.
Operative level: rating procedures and corrective actions
We work with proven criteria catalogues to arrive at reliable appraisals of individual properties. The properties whose ratings are not satisfactory are subject to special detailed appraisals involving the application of the tool at a deeper level. The result is then used to draft a strategic report specifying the areas where corrective measures are to be implemented:
- Structural quality
- Operating costs (space efficiency)
- Health and well-being
- Design and use
- Energy and ecology
Public sector clients
Public sector clients often administer portfolios that include an extensive range of buildings. Moreover, the associated planning and construction tasks are typically completed according to established, integrated processes. The expertise of an energy consultant can be applied both at the management level and in the immediate context of the planning and building of individual objects so as to secure the sustainable development of a real-estate portfolio. Examples include the development of carbon-reduction strategies at portfolio level, the definition of specifications to be met in the context of renovations and new constructions, the development of energy-specific renovation concepts for individual buildings and the creation of evaluative energy-efficiency certificates for entire portfolios to serve as a portfolio-management tool.
Building consultation links the services "project management" and "consulting technology in construction" with the three areas of sustainability: society, economy and environment. The product is real estate that guarantees the project developer, the investor, the user, the operator and the public maximum benefit over the entire life cycle.
We bring our many years of experience to a project and are available as a competent partner for overall management or for support with partial tasks.
We support public, institutional and private builders and investors in the sense of comprehensive and precise project management – because good buildings need good builders. We manage the projects with clearly structured but simple organisational models and bring in very focused technical and construction know-how about all three areas of sustainability: economy, society and environment. We cover the following services in our role in "project management":
- Project management
- Overall project management/coordination
- Builder and user representation
Consulting technology in construction
In construction projects, various needs are incorporated, which are formulated and structured with the help of "consulting technology in construction". Within the framework of quality assurance, we ensure that these needs are taken into account in the planning process and are implemented accordingly. Commissioning and commissioning management also lays the foundation for an efficient and effective transition from implementation to operation. In "consulting technology in construction", we cover the following services:
- Quality assurance
- Commissioning Cx
With an eye on the whole picture, we provide support as building consultants during all planning and construction phases as well as during commissioning. We guarantee a goal-oriented and structured project process. We reconcile any conflicting goals between builders, investors, users and operators in an optimal way.
User representation in the construction project
Optimised construction projects are created by harmonising design, structural engineering and user and operational requirements. In construction projects, however, the requirements of the users often do not come into the planning process, are not precise enough or are incorporated too late. This often incurs costly adjustments. Active user representation with clear responsibilities, rules and interfaces within the project organisation – from assessing the need to putting it into practice – saves detours and misunderstandings.
Throughout the project phases, we offer the following services:
- Description of user needs in terms of building infrastructure: areas and spatial relationships, logistics, location criteria; economic efficiency from the company's point of view (operational costs); consequences in the event of non-implementation
- Preparation of a use concept
- Completion of the use concept (requirements for project definition)
- Checking the specifications from the user's point of view
- Supervising the feasibility and the choice of location
- Representing the user's needs in selection procedures (e.g. choice of planner, choice among the competition)
Project planning and tendering
- Coordination of user needs in the project planning phase
- Ongoing coordination with the planning progress
- Refinement of the use concept
- Definition of the tenant fit-out
- Checking of variants with regard to operational costs
- Approval of changes as part of the planning team
- Coordination with the planning progress (implementation planning)
- Introduction and representation of the user's perspective in tenders (in particular for facilities they will use)
- Participation in the awarding of contracts (evaluation criteria)
- Planning of the handover to the user
- Completion of the use concept
Thanks to active user representation and continuous support, the building fulfils the previously defined needs and meets the expectations of the client.
The building concept is clearly tailored to the needs and processes of use, and future management and operation are taken into account at an early stage of planning. We find solutions at an early stage in cooperation with the other stakeholders and clarify the interfaces – costly follow-up adjustments are thereby avoided.
Real estate ratings
Developers, project managers and investors want answers to the following questions:
Does the project meet the requirements of the 2000 Watt Society?
Have the recommendations issued by the SIA with respect to sustainable architecture (112/1) been implemented?
Does the project take account of the Energy Efficiency Path Guideline 2040 issued by the SIA?
The examination of the project qualities is used as a basis for specifying possible optimisations and drafting a corresponding measures catalogue.
A qualitative assessment based on the criteria of sustainable architecture issued by the SIA (Recommendation 112/1) can be carried out. Special quantitative criteria of sustainable architecture can be introduced to account for the Energy Efficiency Path Guideline 2040 issued by the SIA.
A statement on the compatibility of a property or a site with the criteria established by the 2000 Watt Society is issued after carrying out the corresponding examination. We would be delighted to help you on the right path.