Building physics simulation
In the context of thermal building physics, methods of simulation and numeric calculation are applied in many different specialist areas.
- Dynamic thermal building simulation (IDA ICE) allows us to evaluate the interior thermal conditions and overall energy needs of a building while taking into account the building's environment, architecture, structural elements and various fluctuating parameters such as the weather and occupant behaviour.
- Airflow simulation (FloVENT) allows us to analyse the thermal ambient conditions at a higher level of detail and to identify the causes of discomfort zones (e.g. cold air down draughts, draughts, etc.).
- Dynamic heat and moisture transmission simulation (WUFI 1D/2D) allows us to examine the behaviour of moisture within a building and to prevent the development of moisture-related damage.
- Two and three-dimensional thermal bridge calculations (Flixo, Antherm) allow us to assess the impact of weak spots in the building envelope.
Due to the increasing complexity of building and energy systems, the use of simulation tools has become indispensable in our work. The Amstein + Walthert Group is actively driving these developments. We combine well-founded knowledge from many years of experience in the field of building physics, solar technology, systemic and geothermal simulations. Simulations are increasingly used in early planning phases for potential assessments and variant comparisons, which can be further refined in the subsequent phases. The various simulation areas are increasingly growing together through BIM and synergies can be used.
- Simulations of electrical and thermal networking of buildings and areas
- Optimised dimensioning of components
- Design and profitability assessment of photovoltaics, electromobility, decentralised electricity storage and ZEV (interconnection for self-consumption)
- Comparison of variants and testing of scenarios
- Energy and cost-optimised dimensioning of geothermal probe systems
- Proof of temperature over a longer period of time for approval procedures
- Monitoring for monitoring the geothermal probe system in operation and, if necessary, further simulations due to changes in use
- Dynamic thermal building simulations for total energy demand and indoor climate
- Flow simulations for detailed analyses of room comfort
- Dynamic heat and moisture transfer simulations for constructions
- Thermal bridge calculations
We are happy to provide support with our range of simulations for questions relating to the planning and realisation of individual buildings and energy systems through to entire sites.